It is generally believed that there is no safety problem with the application of Particles Activated Carbon, but there is no absolute safety. The safety in the application of activated carbon cannot be taken lightly, and the nature and unsafe possibility of activated carbon should be recognized.
About the fire
(1) Air Purifying Activated Carbon is listed in the list of hazardous chemicals and is a pyrophoric substance that is flammable.
(2) If the ventilation of the activated carbon is insufficient, toxic carbon monoxide will be formed.
(1) Activated carbon must be stored in a building that is as fire resistant as possible.
(2) Activated carbon cannot be mixed with oxidant
(3) Open fire, sparks and smoking are prohibited in the storage area
Leakage: Isolation of contaminated areas, restricted access. Cut off the fire source. It is recommended that emergency personnel wear self-contained breathing apparatus and wear anti-virus suits.
Flammability: flammable. Extinguishing media: water, foam, carbon dioxide, sand. Extinguishing media available around the fire.
Inhalation: Quickly leave the site to fresh air. Keep the airway open. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If breathing stops, perform artificial respiration immediately. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion: Inadvertently gargle with water. Seek medical attention.
Skin contact: Immediately remove contaminated clothing and rinse with plenty of running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
Eye contact: Immediately lift eyelids, rinse thoroughly with plenty of running water or saline for at least 15 minutes, seek medical attention, global clean water.